What does LEAP stand for?
- LEAP stands for Light Emitting Acess Prop.
- A brand new technology that provides intraoral light in the small form factor of a medium mouth prop (bite block). It provides unobscured lighting and access that is directly were the doctor needs it. Inside, the mouth. This creates maximum viability and access without adding complexity to dental procedures.
- The entire device is easily sterilized in an autoclave after use (including the battery).
How do I use it?
- Simply place the mouth prop on the opposite side (quadrant) of the area of interest to allow the patient to comfortably rest their jaw on the device. The light is activated by pressing the white button to provide the dentist with high quality light. More can be found in our instructions for use under the support tab on our website.
Does it come in more than one size?
- LEAP is the same form factor as a medium mouth prop that is used in about 70% or more of the patients that the dentists sees.
Is the entire device autoclavable?
- Yes! That is part of our magic. We were able to combine the best lighting and battery technology to create a light that is completely autoclaveable! This uses space age technology (literally) that was developed for extreme temperatures.
Is LEAP rechargeable?
- Unfortunately not. The battery technology for rechargeable batteries cannot withstand the temperatures of the autoclave. We are constantly looking for new battery chemistries and will make this an option as the technology progresses. In the mean time we offer a recycling program that you can send the LEAP back free of charge and receive a $5.00 discount on your next order.
How long does the battery last?
- About 50 procedures depending on the length of the procedure. The battery lasts for 20 hours of high intensity light without any change in light. After 20 hours the light will decrease in intensity.
Does it cure composites?
- The short answer is yes. The light emitted by LEAP is in the daylight spectrum and does include a small amount of blue light that cures composites. The same pre cautions must be taken with LEAP as with an overhead light or headlamp. We plan on having a non-curing mode in by end of 2016.
How do I attach floss to prevent an accidental swallow?
- We created a small floss loop on each side of body of LEAP. If a doctor is worried about a patient swallowing the bite block they will attach floss to allow for easy retrieval.
Is LEAP available in Europe?
- We are currently working on our technical file for CE certification and expect approval to sell in the EU in the next 3 months.
How do I dispose of it?
- We offer a recycling program that you can send the LEAP back free of charge and receive a $5.00 discount on your next order.
- LEAP uses an ecofriendly battery that can be disposed of in your normal trash if you chose to discard.
Who invented LEAP?
- LEAP was created by three innovative medical device professionals in Denver, Colorado: Dr. Phillip Johnson, CTO, Michael Bojanowski, CEO and George Balog. LEAP is 100% made in the U.S.A